Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

NYE Phish Show at MSG

+7 HS
DoctorRocks0's picture
January 13, 2024 at 1:50pm
93 Comments

I know there's a few of you who are into the band. I have seen about 150 shows, nearly all in the 90s and SO MANY in Ohio.  I am not the biggest fan of their music anymore, BUT...if you are unaware of the show they put on at Madison Square Garden it's worth watching, with your kids, on a large television. 

The short version is this: As part of his Senior thesis in college, Trey Anastasio, guitarist and singer, wrote and produced a multi-song story called Gamehendge.  It's basically an adventure-based, light and funny Wizard of Oz/Lord of the Rings-like tale about a man named Colonel Forbin.  Phish has performed all the songs in order about 4 times in their career, but haven't done so in about 30 years.  On New Years Eve they not only played the songs, but they basically produced what was an amazing Broadway-like theatrical event to perfection.

Any fan of music and theater will enjoy this, and will appreciate what the band has been about for 40 years.  If you have children who are into music and theater, they will love it.

Worth noting, one of the actors does curse in the beginning, but otherwise it's clean.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 93 Comments