Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2050 Technology Predictions

+13 HS
knot stewpid's picture
May 23, 2022 at 10:48pm
106 Comments

What does everyone think what technology/scientific advancements will happen by the year 2050? Here are some that I think will happen (assuming we don't nuke the planet and totally screw ourselves).

1- I think that by then, they will have figured out how to either significantly slow down or stop aging. What that means for society, I don't know. Could be great or could be bad.

2- I also think they will probably be able to cure just about any disease if they catch it in time.

3- I also think that robots will be doing most of our military combat and will replace or greatly assist most police/fireman/etc. Not saying their will be "terminators" roaming around looking like humans. I'm thinking all metal(ish). The "terminators" won't show up for at least another 50-100 years after, lol.

4- I also predict that we will be getting a lot of our materials from the moon/other planets. I think we start building nuclear powered spacecraft that we launch from earth that can enter space and return to earth fairly easily around 2045 or so.

5- I also think that we will start building homes/living areas on the sea floor as we run out of land. I don't know what earths population will be by then, but it will probably be more than 15 billion and we will need the land for growing enough food to feed everyone.

What's your predictions as I know we have some pretty smart people on here?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 106 Comments