Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

I Have a Question for Folks Knowledgeable About Cars in Relation to My 2012 Buick Verano

+6 HS
Buckeyes17's picture
December 30, 2021 at 6:49pm
21 Comments

Now, let's address what many will say: "Buckeyes17, just go ask a mechanic". Look, I think I fixed my problem... I just want to ask some questions about it and I don't feel like asking a mechanic in person.

Now that THAT is out of the way... I have a 2012 Buick Verano. It has 80k miles and has been a wonderful little car. About a week or so ago, it started to stall when I would get gas and turn it on and put it in either reverse or drive. No check engine light at the time at all. A simple, turn off, then turn on solved it and I was on my way. Then it started doing it even if I didn't get gas, however it was the same in that it only happened when I would start it from being off, and then the same thing "fixed" it. Note that it did NOT do that upon every startup. Only sometimes. I did get a Check Engine Light however and it was P0010 in relation to the Intake Camshaft Actuator Position Sensor. So after changing spark plugs and coil packs... ( dads idea ) we then changed this sensor. It seems to work now but I tell you ALL of that to ask you this.....

When I looked online, most people would measure the resistance of this sensor and it would basically show no resistance if there was an issue it seems. The resistance of both the intake and exhaust camshaft actuator thing are supposed to be between 8 and 13 ohms. My exhaust one was 10.... BUT my intake was 54 kOhms. So 540000.... Any ideas A - how that could even happen cause that is quite a large difference and B - would that make sense for that to cause stalling every now and then at low MPH.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments