Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Maurice Clarett Local Interview (12/22/13)

+4 HS
BGSUBucksFan's picture
June 14, 2017 at 11:13am
6 Comments

I was going through my church's archives and found this gem.  Wish I would have been there when this happened.  Figured some of you might enjoy this.  There are some interesting tidbits in there that the 30 for 30 film didn't touch on:

• Andy Geiger called the NCAA to investigate Clarett (as opposed to the NCAA initiating it).
  • What he was really suspended for:  A cell phone he used in high school was paid for by a booster, amounting to 125 cell phone bills and therefore 125 violations. And also a $125 check someone gave him to attend their kid's party.
  • The car he had was a loaner from the dealership they gave him since his car broke down.  It was broken into while he was working out.  Clarett filed a police report as per Tress's suggestion.  Ohio State (presumably Geiger) wanted Clarett to say that he lied on the report (I assume this is Geiger wanting Clarett to take sole responsibility for the incident to protect the University's reputation).
  • The NCAA wanted to suspend Clarett for 3 games.  Andy Geiger wanted the whole season.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments