Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

U-28 Crash in New Mexico

+16 HS
brunstar's picture
March 16, 2017 at 10:43pm
11 Comments

I lost a good friend on Tuesday.  I was Kenny Dalga's Flight Commander at the CSO schoolhouse in Pensacola.  He always had a great attitude, helped out the other students in his class, and had a big smile on his face.  His son was just born 4 months ago.  I've known people in two previous aircraft accidents, but this one really hurts.  Please keep the families in your thoughts and prayers.

The Air Force has identified three special operations airmen who were killed Tuesday night when their U-28A crashed during a training sortie, officials announced Thursday. 

Capt. Andrew Becker, Capt. Kenneth Dalga and 1st Lt. Frederick Dellecker were assigned to the 318th Special Operations Squadron at Cannon Air Force Base in New Mexico. 

Becker, 33, was a pilot for the squadron. He was from Novi, Michigan, and is survived by his spouse and parents, according to an Air Force news release.
Dalga, 29, was a combat systems officer from Goldsboro, North Carolina. He is survived by his spouse, son and mother.
Dellecker, 26, was a co-pilot from Daytona Beach, Florida. He is survived by his parents.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments