Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Ramblings - Double OT

+6 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
December 28, 2016 at 10:34am
74 Comments

Welcome to Ramblings.  Why the title of Double OT?  Well, because this entire thread is double off-topic.  The game is real and the rules make no sense, so let's Ramble.

I got a cheap bottle of bourbon for Christmas.  Or so I thought.  Elijah Craig Small Batch is no slouch for less than 30 bucks.  I drink my bourbon on the rocks but always try new ones neat to get the full flavor.  EC didn't disappoint.  A little bite on the front but a nice long smooth finish with spiciness lasting upwards of 30 seconds.  Not a bad burn, but one that works perfectly.  It's less than 30 bucks but I'd put it up against a lot of my top shelf stuff.

The wife got me the Fitbit Blaze and I'm pretty impressed.  Anyone else use wearable tech?  The Blaze is nice.  I also got a leather band with it so it's versatile and can be worn with dress.  Functionality is great but the sleep tracking portion is lacking, IMO.  The multiple watch face options are cool but the biggest drawback is how it fucking rapes my iPhone battery.  My 6S typically can go two days without a charge with heavy usage and I'm barely making it a day.  Oh well, I enjoy it and it gets my fat fucking ass off the couch.

My daughter has been potty training lately and it's been a struggle to say the least.  She was actually really interested in it about 10 months ago but the daycare we had her in gave zero fucks to help us in that department.  I lost my window and now it's a struggle.  Sometimes she wants to do it and other times she gets really pissed off at the mere thought of it.  I have run out of ideas.  Candy isn't working.  Big girl underwear aren't working.  I hate this shit...

I had my yearly checkup two weeks ago and much to my astonishment, I'm healthy as an ox.  I'm only 30 but I still get nervous when going in for one no matter how I feel physically.  The days following lab work I can't help but think "please don't call me with any news".  Then the guy calls me last week and says everything looks great.  It's the best phone call one can receive, IMO. 

Game prediction:

Ohio State Buckeyes - 52

Clemson Tiggers - 28

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 74 Comments