Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

I highly recommend Twitter for reasons some may not of thought of.

+5 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
December 1, 2016 at 7:38pm
5 Comments

Living in south Florida I do not get much news from Ohio. Last Monday's tragedy on campus freaked me out. All my immediate family lives in Columbus. Just happened to be on Twitter minutes after that young man decided to do what he did on that fateful day and my first thought was of my 2 sisters and mother in Columbus. Thankfully none were near the area that morning. One of my sisters lives pretty close to campus. The amazing thing because of Twitter I was able to alert my family in Columbus via south Florida of a very dangerous situation that they were unaware of.Twitter gets a bad rap as does other mediums of social media because it gives a platform for the nut jobs as well as the positives. My family happened to be ok but you never know. I was amazed that the news of a possible shooting on the OSU campus was on Twitter before it hit the radio or tv. It was probably 15-20 minutes before I heard it over the ESPN radio network after I had alerted my mother. Thought I'd share a positive use of Twitter in this crazy world we live. Never know Twitter may give you a jump on the zombie apocalypse. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments