Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Walking Dead Finale Review (SPOILERS)

+8 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
April 5, 2016 at 10:16am
178 Comments

I've given myself a couple days to try and analyze the finale of Season 6 of TWD.  I was pretty pissed off Sunday night and still remain in that state today.  My dad, for whatever reason, loved the ending.

For starters, the episode overall may have been the best episode that TWD has ever done.  Watching the evolution of Rick's mind over the course of running into the Saviors and each team the group grew in size was amazing.  He went from over confident to suddenly realized how fucked he and his group were and the episode captured that perfectly. 

Even better that went somewhat unnoticed was how big the Saviors group is and how much more superior they are at planning and execution.  This group will certainly provide viewers with a fantastic story over the seasons to come.  The introduction of Negan was, of course, one of the biggest hyped events in the show's history and it didn't disappoint IMO.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is perfect for this role.  Finally getting to see Negan and then having JDM absolutely crush it was awesome.  Even though Negan is the villain, I found myself liking him during the final scene.  You couldn't ask for much more when introducing a new character until...

Until the writers completely shit the bed with that ending.  I feel like they sat in the writers meeting and said, "everyone knows a main character is going to die at the hands of Negan, lets fuck with them and not tell them who it is until next season!"  They tried to justify why they did it that way and I'm not buying it.  For starters, a good cliffhanger makes you wonder WHAT is going to happen next, not who.  There is absolutely zero substance added to the story by not revealing who had their head smashed in by Lucille.  Unless they throw a ringer and kill of Maggie or someone, which is impossible.

That brings us to who possibly got the axe.  Kirkman stated on Talking Dead that there were plenty of hints to who it could be, not who it is.  I have to assume that it was someone inside the van at the end considering that they showed the POV from inside the van multiple times and then whomever got axed was shown as POV.  This means it is either Glenn, Darryl, Michonne or Rosita.  Considering that in the comics Negan doesn't kill women or children, it's either Glenn or Darryl.  I guess we will wait 7 months to find out. 

Share your #hottakes.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 178 Comments