Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

How Firm Thy Friendship (A Sincere Thank You to 11W) *One Year Later*

+12 HS
Hovenaut's picture
February 20, 2016 at 10:44pm
158 Comments

Hi all,

I've been away from the site for the past few days - probably the longest spell since joining the community - and wanted take a moment to share why Eleven Warriors means so much to this displaced Buckeye.

My wife became ill last Wednesday evening, necessitating a trip to the hospital, which turned into a trip (via air medevac) to the University of Maryland Medical Center in west Baltimore.

Without going into great detail, she's endured a major procedure (recovering as well as she can be) and a significant diagnosis. We've cleared a hurdle, and are now staring down a distance race.

I'm hurting. But I have some answers, I have optimism, I still have her. We (our entire family and friends - which includes this community) have a fight on our hands, but I feel good going into battle with the amount of love and support already given. I cannot put into words what 11W means to me - funny what can grow out of simply finding a new (free) outlet for Ohio State football info.

I want to wish Jason and the entire 11W staff, my fellow mods (you guys are champions), and each and every one of you for your care and concern. I'm away from things for a bit, but I'm keeping you all close in spirit.

Read a story to my son, and told him that Mommy will be coming home soon. Going to catch up on some needed rest - sleeping well knowing we have such an amazing community standing with us.

Love and peace,

Hove

*6/24/2016 Update* Left a comment below, but didn't think to edit here - we received news this morning that Jobi is cancer-free at this moment. Wanted to share, because this community has meant so very much to me throughout.

*2/20/2017 Update* Up late, left a comment below.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 158 Comments