Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Update on my rotator cuff surgery.

0 HS
D-Day0043's picture
February 8, 2016 at 2:37pm
54 Comments

I just had rotator cuff surgery two weeks ago. My rotator cuff was 90% torn and I had to have a subacromial decompression done as well.

I went back to the doctor today and he told me my bone was so hard he shattered two anchors while doing the repair. He told me he was not concerned what-so-ever about the possibility of the repair failing due to the bone, muscle, and tendon strength in my arm.

And the best news of all...I was cleared to drive, and I don't have to wear that God-awful f**king sling anymore unless I need it!!!

I still have a long road of recovery ahead. It will be at least 6 months before I am cleared to go back to work, (I'm a contractor), but it gives me a tremendous amount of relief knowing that I am healing extremely well.

I wanted to say thanks to all of the 11W's that gave me advice and let me know what to expect going into the surgery. I felt I was more prepared than anyone else in the country going into this surgery. Thanks for all of your support.

I won't be using my fifth year of eligibility to transfer to Oregon, Florida State, or any other school for that matter. This 38 year old is all Buckeye!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 54 Comments