Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Just a quick idea in regards to the upcoming Jesse Owens movie later this month

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
February 5, 2016 at 3:07pm
28 Comments

With this whole Signing of the Stars event it got me brainstorming on what stars we have connected with OSU. I don't believe in signing day specials, but I thought that with the upcoming Jesse Owens movie that maybe OSU could have a screening of the movie.  They could invite students, players and fans to watch the movie together and cover costs with maybe a donation at the door. 

I know TSUN shows movies on campus. Do we show movies on campus as well? I think a movie like The Race: the upcoming Jesse Owens movie, would be unifying to the campus.

I remember as a kid hearing stories about how Jesse Owens had to jump from several feet behind the fault line in the long jump because the German judges kept calling foot faults on him. He jumped way behind the line so that everyone could see that he wasn't faulting and he still won the event. Many of us looked up to Jesse as a hero growing up, no matter our skin color.

I know that churches will take their congregation and rent out a theater for movies like the Passion or War a Room. I think it would be cool if OSU could do this on campus or at a local theater which could be rented out. I don't know the logistics of some event like this but I don't think it would be too involved I imagine.

Does anyone think this would be a good idea? And if so, who could I call or email to suggest the idea to them. Even though I am not a student at OSU, I would travel to see it.

Anyways, just some thoughts I had. Here is the trailer below, so go see the movie when it comes out Feb. 19th and Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments