Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

My vintage daughter takes me back to vinyl for Christmas.

0 HS
buckguyfan1's picture
December 26, 2015 at 1:47pm
37 Comments

Out of the blue, my 14 year old daughter tells me that all she wants for Christmas is a Record Player.  I asked her why.  She said that since she has been dancing competitively for the last 10 years her interest different forms of music has grown.  She was over at a friends house and her friends mom had some old vinyl and she fell in love with the sound.  Of course I bought her the record player for Christmas, but there was one problem.  My old vinyl collection is long gone and we had no records to play on Christmas morning...

I called a couple of pawn shops yesterday hoping I might catch one open on Christmas.  No Luck.  Then this morning a guy called and said he was returning a call to my number.  I told him what I was looking for.  This guy was cool as hell he said he has only had the Pawn Store for about a year but just picked an estate sale that had some great vintage rock and roll vinyl as well as some other classics.  My daughter and I went down there and this guy really set us up on the cheap.  We bought a dozen ablums.  Everything from the Stones, CCR, Crosby Stills Nash, to the Doors.  She is so pumped and has been jamming for the last 3 hours.  Turns out her favorite Christmas present is mine as well.

Are any of you still into vinyl?  I know it's starting to make a come back.  I think it will be a great bonding adventure for her and I.  I also forgot how awesome some of the old album covers are.  Rock on!  BGF

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 37 Comments