Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Christmas Dinner

0 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture
December 23, 2015 at 7:49am
41 Comments

I know we have some cooks out there in 11W-land, so who's making Christmas dinner and what are you making?  

I'm able to get out of cooking for Thanksgiving, because I handle Christmas. This started a few years ago when I experimented with Beef Wellington, and it was amazing, so now it's become a tradition for me to make it. I almost gave in to the rigors of everyday life and the lack of free time and went the lazy route of just grilling some steaks (nothing wrong with that at all, just less time consuming than the Wellingtons), but lack of sleep and stress be damned, I'm not backing down.

I'm going with a Mushroom and Crab (surprise) Risotto as an appetizer, probably around 3pm or so (it fills you up as I learned last year, so spacing it out from dinner a little more this year). Dinner being served around 6pm. Why 6pm? Because that's when our kids eat, and you don't mess with their schedules. I'll make them their own filets to eat, while the adults enjoy Beef Wellington, fresh broccoli (usually asparagus, but broccoli was on sale and asparagus wasn't), and going with twice baked potatoes this year instead of my normal parmesan mashed potatoes.  

I've also found my new favorite rendition of a classic Christmas song, along with the accompanying video...enjoy

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments