Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Sunday Metal Shop - Gudger

0 HS
John Cooper's lucky pig's picture
November 15, 2015 at 10:52am
38 Comments

In last week’s episode of Sunday Metal Shop, 11W member JasonR from Ohio’s premier metal band, Mississippi Bones, stopped by and turned us on to another Ohio band, Gudger. Since then the SMS has dropped out of school, quit its job, bought a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda and has done nothing else but cruise Main Street with Gudger blasting out of the 8-track.

There’s not a lot of information out there on Gudger and I didn’t know them until JasonR dropped a dime, so I’ll be winging this one. If anyone has any additional information please light up the comment section.

Gudger hails from Lancaster, Ohio (home of Bobby Carpenter, Jim Cordle and General Sherman). There must be something in that Hocking River water that makes Lancaster produce some tough as nails mofos, and Gudger is no exception. The band specializes in syrupy, sludgy heavy riffs with a solid, swinging rhythm section and clean vocals.

Gudger is a family affair consisting of the Eddleblute Boys – Matt on bass, Derek on guitar and Aaron on drums and vocals. Judging from the music, I can only assume that Momma Eddleblute is a hall of fame roller derby girl and Poppa Eddleblute is Geezer Butler. Regardless the roots of their heritage, it’s evident that the Boys were raised on a diet consisting of stacks of Marshall pancakes washed down with Valvoline 10W30 followed by flossing their teeth with D-stings.

Gudger will be performing in Athens at the Smiling Skull Saloon on Friday, December 4 and they will be in Columbus at Ruby Tuesday Live on Saturday, January 9.

You can keep tabs on the band here: https://www.facebook.com/gudgerofficial/

You can pick up their album for five bucks here: http://gudger.bandcamp.com/releases

“Fever Dream”:

“Succubus”:

“Sacred Flower”:

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments