Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Monday Meltdown - Rutgers Edition

0 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture
October 26, 2015 at 8:06am
86 Comments

Why won't Urban start JT?

Our offensive line can't block.

Our defense gives up too many points.

Why don't we throw the ball to Mike Thomas? Braxton? Jalin? JEFF GREENE? Curtis Samuel?

Why don't we throw the ball more than 10 yards down field?

Our DT can't stuff the inside run.

The Buckeyes don't score enough points against bad competition.

Our team commits way too many penalties, particularly 15 yard penalties.

Why do our quarterbacks keep throwing interceptions?

We should blow out bad competition!

Our offensive coaching staff can't come up with a good game plan.

Why doesn't our QB run more?

Has Urban forgotten how to manage a program?

Our assistant coaches aren't carrying their own weight.

Why can't our 2nd string defensive players hang on to a garbage time shutout against a conference opponent on the road at night against the opponent's 2nd string quarterback who they've likely never seen on film?

There it is - I found something to be mad about!  Hooray!  The meltdown thread is saved. God be praised.

Seriously though, it's hard to be negative after watching Saturday's whipping of Rutgers.  Even the one guy who we'd all probably forgive for being a little negative is taking the high road:

Good on you, Cardale.  This team may very well need your end of season heroics again.

I do have a personal gripe against Rutgers in general and it's this:  they did not wear black uniforms.  Why does it matter?  It matters because I had this clever joke in my head about a knight dressed in black attempting to stop Lord Brutus' journey through the B1G conference.  Lord Brutus asked the black knight to step aside, but he insisted upon a fight.  Lord Brutus drew his sword and proceeded to take the black knight apart, limb by limb.  It was going to be full of Monty Python gifs.

Unfortunately, Rutgers showed up in scarlet jerseys and ruined my joke.  It's infuriating.  Why have another bottom dwelling joke of a football team in the conference if they won't even allow us to properly mock them?  Rutgers without a proper joke is like .... post 1970's Purdue without Drew Brees.  It's just sad and unnecessary.

I was over at my mother's house when the game was on and she asked whether the game was supposed to be a blowout, etc.  My response was this:  Rutgers only has one player on their roster that the Buckeyes would want on theirs....and he's playing on one leg.  I can't think of a simpler way to describe the 2015 version of OSU v. Rutgers.  It was just a mismatch of talent.

However, on a weekend when the Buckeyes leave nothing to meltdown about, there's an Ohio football team that we know will meet our need for anger and frustration:  the Cleveland Browns.

Just as the Rutgers game was over as soon as they missed a field goal on their opening drive, the Browns game was over as soon as the Rams scored a defensive touchdown on the Browns' opening drive.  The Browns are 2-5 and have gotten there in embarrassing fashion.  Is there a team in the league that figures to be in a worse position over the next 5 years?  Run through the divisions.  I'm not sure there is. 

The Browns' season is effectively over, as it effectively was before the preseason started.  I can't understand why we think there's hope ...because there isn't.  Good news:  the Cavs' regular season starts this week and it seems like they have a legitimate shot to win a championship. 

Happy Monday everyone.  Go Bucks.  Beat the Bye.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 86 Comments