Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

11w and Traditional Media

0 HS
BucksinNYC's picture
July 30, 2015 at 7:35am
48 Comments

I listened to Bruce Hooley on ESPN Cleveland yesterday and he, uncharacteristically, discussed an engaging topic, the role and impact of sports journalists. One issue brought up was trust and credibility amongst sports journalists.

Many called in and shared that they supported traditional journalists, but someone mentioned Eleven Warriors as a source for news that not only gets access through Ohio State, but can provide depth  traditional papers cannot . All Hooley said was, "I recommend you get a new website."  You could tell he staunchly opposed new forms of journalism

My question: is this an old media versus new media debate? The old dinosaurs feel threatened by those who don't play by the same rules (though many journalists on websites such as 11W do have degrees in journalism)

Do the rest of the "traditional media" feel the same way about Eleven Warriors or other similar sites for other teams, such as Real Cavs Fans for the Cavaliers?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 48 Comments