Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

50 Miles Tomorrow

0 HS
LABuckeye's picture
March 20, 2015 at 7:43pm
96 Comments

Well, tomorrow morning I am running the Old Goats 50 mile trail race in the Cleveland National Forest, Santa Ana Mountains, southern California. Roughly 51 miles, 13,000 feet of climbing, and 12+ hours of misery and fun. 2014 was not a good race year for me: I dropped at mile 40 of the Sean O'Brien 50 miler when I fell into hypothermia when I rested at an aid station. I was on pace for a PR of 10 to 10 and half hours, but when they saw me shaking, they called the paramedics. I ended up fine, but officials wouldn't let me continue. I then ran the Angeles Crest 100 in August, and dropped at mile 75 with an IT Band injury. This is my first race since, and my training volume hasn't been what it usually is for these things. While you are enjoying the game tomorrow, cheer a little in the back of your mind for a fellow Buckeye who is out doing something hard, and determined not to quit until he crosses the finish line.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 96 Comments