Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Your Best and Worst Fast Food Chain

0 HS
ohioscott's picture
March 20, 2015 at 12:23pm
264 Comments

I know, I know, nobody eats at McDonald's, just like nobody shops at Wal-Mart, but we are all grown here (well mostly), we know we shouldn't eat at these crap holes, but once in awhile we cave. It's just like when you put the steel-cut oats back in the cupboard and opt for a Saturday morning trip down memory lane with a bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

So what is your favorite fast food chain of shame and the gruel that draws you there and which chain give you the heebie-jeebies just thinking about choking down their food-like substance?

Mine

Steak and Shake - when I really want to have a cheeseburger and don't feel like firing up the grill, I opt for a double "steak" burger and pepper-jack cheese, with tomato, onion, pickle only (we don't need no stinking lettuce). I hate their fries, but that is OK, because I can wash down my grease bomb with a bowl of chili. If you grew up with Hormel, and actually liked it, you will love their chili. Ugh! I actually feel like I need to lay down just thinking about it.

Taco Bell - I hated Taco Bell before it was cool to hate Taco Bell. I make a lot of homemade Mexican food and I always knew their "meat" was funky and had to have extenders in it. Unfortunately my wife loves their taco salad and even prefers it over taco salads from Mexican restaurants, so about once a month I find myself in the drive-thru line ordering one for her and two orders of regular plain nachos for me.

Yours?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 264 Comments