Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

11W's Weight loss encouragement and accountability thread part 1.

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
March 18, 2015 at 10:56pm
237 Comments

I've seen a lot of members here who remark that they have gained a lot of weight through the years. I figured we could share our successes, struggles or stories here to help hold each other accountable in getting healthy with our diets and exercise.

Ill start out with a brief post: I'm 39. I played soccer all through high school, baseball for a year, track for a year, and basketball for two years.  I started lifting in college and have exercised off and on through the years since then doing things like Taekwondo, Shotokan Karate, snowboarding, running, lifting, intramural soccer basketball and football and hadn't really worried about my weight but it has crept up the older I have gotten. Last August I weighed my most at 264 lbs. I'm 6'2.5"

Since then I started trying to eat better and workout daily with weights/cardio/walking.  When the weather was nice I would walk 5 miles on a local track where I could keep tabs on distance.

Currently, I try and do a high intensity class at my local gym at least daily with Sunday's off. I mix in weights and additional cardio on the bike/elliptical throughout the week as well.

My diet: I try to eat mostly fruits and vegetables, seeds, nuts and legumes, and chicken and fish and other lean proteins. I try to avoid processed foods, extra sugar etc.

My current weight is about 244 or so. Sometimes, I dip below 240 into the upper 230's. My goal is to get to 220 or so then reassess.

I'm just inspired too by all those before and after pictures of guys like Joshua Perry and Michael Thomas and their work with Coach Mick. It makes me want to push myself harder.

Thats my story in a nutshell. Feel free to share your story or goal or advice etc. Nothing to feel ashamed of. It's a judgement free zone like Planet Fitness (just joking).

We can bump the thread periodically to be a reminder or be of help to folks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 237 Comments