Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

License plate

Tampabuckeye85's picture
June 10, 2014 at 11:54pm
21 Comments

So I was wondering for anyone that lives outside the great state of Ohio, do any of you ha e an Ohio state tag? I'm trying to figure out how I can get one in Florida. I would love to be able to drive around and piss everyone off just not sure how to get one.

KBonay's picture

I always heard Virginia was for lovers....

hit_the_couch's picture

Actually, I don't think you can get one of a certain school unless you live in the same state the school is in.

*edit

You're only getting schools that are in Florida for a license plate according to their DMV website. But hey, you can get such favorites as 'NASCAR' and 'Save the Manatees.'

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
Codeezy's picture

You can only get official OSU ones in ohio, but you can definitely get a buckeye sticker to out over a logo on another states custom plate. Or it may be easier to get a custom saying that's OSU related (GOBUX7, OSUFAN) like that and put an Ohio state frame around it. They'll get the idea and tell you that you're number one! 

+1 HS
cplunk's picture

Not true- see my post below. Virginia offers official OSU tags. No sticker needed.

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

And West Virginia pisses me off (in many ways).  You can get Penn State and Virginia Tech, but not Ohio State.  I think Kentucky, also, but not certain of that one.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

703Buckeye's picture

Yes, I see tons of official OSU/Virginia license plates rolling around in Northern VA. VA has the widest variety of custom vanity plates of any state I know, especially when it comes to out of state universities. 

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

hit_the_couch's picture

Yes, I see tons of official OSU/Virginia license plates rolling around in Northern VA. VA has the widest variety of custom vanity plates of any state I know, especially when it comes to out of state universities. 

That's smart; it's more revenue for the state.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

WezBuck28's picture

How about MuckFld? Too many letters? Just wrap it in an tOSU plate holder and u should be good..

cplunk's picture

You can absolutely get Ohio State tags, complete with Buckeye leaves, in the state of Virginia. Not sure how it is in Florida. You can get almost any school tags in Virginia. 

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/vehicles/#splates/info.asp?idnm=OHIO

Klytus21's picture

I live in New Jersey and we have scUM and PsU but no OSU.  Bullsh*t!!

NJBuck

blocko330's picture

Im down here too TampaBuckeye and with all these stuck up UF and FSU fans I wouldnt even put a OSU sticker under my bumper - - A lot of bitter fans down here (even though as much as I hate to say it they should be thanking us not hating us).

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

Spivan's picture

I live in Colorado (for a few more weeks) and was told you have to transfer your title to Ohio to get plates from there. I plan to do that when my CO plates expire in December.

Denny's picture

Ask the local Alumni association. They'll be able to help you out.

Taquitos.

Earle's picture

You could always just paint your car:

Italics are for emphasis.

+3 HS
M Man's picture

Or take the jet:

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Or this one works as well ................

+4 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Flying in food for humanitarian efforts? Nope, just Hoke's lunch.

Earle's picture

I prefer our "Jet":

Italics are for emphasis.

+1 HS
OSUSMC's picture

Not sure how it works in FL but when i lived in NC I'm pretty sure all you had to have was enough demand for the plate. So maybe find a bunch of friends who also want a sweet new license plate

cronimi's picture

Yeah, here in NC you can get (among many others) scUM and Purdon't plates, but still no Ohio State plates. I'm always shocked that, despite the seemingly large number of OSU alumni and fans in North Cackalacky, there is not a custom plate for the Buckeyes. How Purdue was able to get their own plates while OSU has not is anyone's guess.