Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

25 Years Ago Today

Jason Priestas's picture
June 5, 2014 at 1:32am
13 Comments
Groveport Heisman's picture

Considering what their beautiful regime had done the day before I dont think we have to speculate too much on what happened to the man. Big set though indeed and a tip of the cap and drink to "Tank Man"

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+5 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Coincidentally, the day I graduated from HS.

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

I was on my third wife. I mean with.

+8 HS
BroJim's picture

One of the biggest acts of courage ever caught on film.

I season my simple food with hunger

+3 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Absolutely was.  Beautiful.

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

Also, full length Frontline documentary.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Iconic pic.

Dramatic representation of power and determination there - not referring to the tanks.

+1 HS
1MechEng's picture

Good restraint by the driver of the tank as well, who probably had full authorization to run him over.

+3 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

I still remember when this protest was being broadcast... I was so thankful to be in the US.

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
RedStorm45's picture

40 years ago (yesterday) was the infamous 10 cent beer night in Cleveland.

Such a powerful picture.  Very rare that a still photograph has that kind of meaning and power.

+3 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

I remember watching this on TV, but was too young to understand what was going on.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Seattle Linga's picture

Here's to a much simpler time in most of our lives..............

+1 HS