Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Coombs, Ash and the Nuge - MVGC

Chief B1G Dump's picture
June 1, 2014 at 6:54pm
19 Comments

I was at the Memorial earlier today and happened upon a pretty cool encounter...

I was walking when a marshal stopped us as some golfers were coming through. I looked up and noticed Coombs and Ash standing there talking to each other. As the rope was removed and the path opened, Mike Nugent passed by and noticed Coombs. He stopped to talk and then Coombs introduced Ash and the Nuge. I heard Nuge give Ash a line something like "yeah, I used to play a little ball for the Buckeyes back in the day."  And then It looked to click with Ash who he was talking to. They had a quick exchange and a couple jokes, then all went on their way. 

Nothing too crazy...but was funny to overhear. 

buckeye4life050233's picture

funny thing man.  I must have been right by you bc I was about to post this same encounter.  Saw literally the exact same thing

+4 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Ted Nugent played for the Buckeyes!?!?!

Our Honor Defend!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Cool story Dump - Thanks for sharing. Did you get a photo of the exchange?

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

No photo, happened too quick to pull out the phone but i can tell you Coombs was in jorts and no shirt and Ash was wearing a wrestling singlet.  Both were drinking Zimas.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

TOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny Dump!!!!!!!!!

+1 HS
Remy's picture

Thanks for the story Chief B1G Dump. Mike Nugent is my favorite Ohio State kicker of all-time. Met Ash and Coombs at the Coaches Clinic; nice, legit solid guys. Wish I could have been there when they met at the Memorial.  Quick Trivia Question: Why did Nugent wear number 85?

The Man

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Because he once had a dream that he kicked an 85 year field goal to win the Super Bowl

+3 HS
Remy's picture

Good guess, but not correct. Upvote for taking a risk and guessing. By the way, I don't think Mike Nugent dreams about kicking 85-yard field goals. Mike Nugent kicks 85-yard field goals.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Point taken - are you going to reveal the answer or make us wait a bit

+2 HS
Remy's picture

He wore 85 to remind himself to kick with 85% power. That way he would not try to over kick, get tight and not kick the ball as accurate or as far.

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Remy, you are the Encyclopedia Brown of 11W. 

+2 HS
Remy's picture

Thanks for the compliment Knarcisi, but I can't come close to Encyclopedia Brown. He always found a way to solve and close the case. I loved reading those books as a kid:

Encyclopledia Brown

Can you be like Encyclopedia Brown and decipher my hidden message above? Since this is a Chief B1G Dump thread I'll give you a Zima if you solve it.

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Hoke sucks. 

Newcastle or Shiner Bock is my flava. 

+2 HS
Remy's picture

Knarcisi, Nice job. You deserve all three. I'm still waiting to drink a Zima with the guy I gave my first upvote to...Chief B1G Dump.

Newcastle
Shiner Bock Beer
Zima

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Gotta admit. I like Summer Shandy. A bit Zima-esque. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks Remy for the follow up - great story

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I'll sign on for New Castle or Westmalle. The  latter which is the finest beer in all of Belgium and has a strong connection to the builders of our great Country the Free Masons.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.