Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

GAME OF THRONES STARTS TODAY!!!!

ITWASME's picture
April 6, 2014 at 9:39am
24 Comments

Oh my god I'm so excited for game of thrones today! Hope the fourth season is as good as the previous 3!

Buckeye Rocket Sci's picture

I've been rewatching season three the past couple days to prepare myself. Yesterday I finished right before the Final Four games came on with episode 9 (yes, that episode 9), and all I have to say is Valar Morghulis, especially the Lannisters!

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence" - Calvin Coolidge

+4 HS
ITWASME's picture

Man I had my sister watch all of them and she was just like "WHAT? WHAT!?" when it came to that episode

+3 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Yes! Medieval fictional rage and hooters!

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

It will be real interesting to see how this season follows the books. If anyone is interested in reading, I have the e-versions. 

PittBuckeye's picture

What's a reading? I don't know about that whole thing, sounds like witch-craft to me.

+1 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

stevebelliseeya's picture

The "Red Wedding" episode is the only time in my life of watching television where I've gotten up and kicked a chair over and said 

"WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?"

Such an amazing episode. 

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

+3 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

I  think the red wedding sits right beside the Soprano blackout finale.2 of the most fucked up moments in TV history.Just excited to get to see my dragons all grown,and Ive missed their momma.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

stevebelliseeya's picture

I was never personally happy with the Soprano's ending...I may need to revisit the whole series again and see if I feel different after so many years.

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

The biggest ripoff ever pulled on television,I gave it a few years because supposedly that ending left it open for the possibility of a movie which I think would have been a huge success.With James G. now dead I see no possible way that could happen now.Plus the hype has died down and most of the original actors are probably a cheese steak away from a heart attack. Its already been verified that the Game of Thrones has 4-5 more seasons left and they have no intentions on watering down the original story to drag it along forever.

KBonay's picture

The books are not even finished (there are two yet to be published), so there is no telling how long the series will be.  The first season ran pretty close to the first book.  The second and third season have some gaps as to how the books ended, but for the most part stayed the course.  The 4th and 5th book are taking place simultaneously, so it will be interesting to see how it all shapes out for this season.  My guess is they will take two season just to get though these two books.  Lots of new characters so lots more killing.....

Yea I haven't read the books nor intend to,was just quoting an article I read awhile back from supposedly the creator. Said the story is already laid out and there was going to be 4-5 seasons including this one.So yea I think there might be a way of telling just how long the series will be.Article is out there in cyber space somewhere might want to check it out.Id put a  solid guess they stretch it to five and it has a 8 season run.How many books total?

KBonay's picture

There are 5 published books with 2 more in the works.  Yeah, reading them was a commitment.  Long, but obviously so much more character development.  And you have to stop several times to figure out who is who and where they belong.  The 4th book was the hardest.  Lots of new characters and not nearly the 'excitement' of the first 3.  Which is why the next 2 seasons might seem a little slow. I'm guessing next Sunday will be quite the show to really 'kick' off this season...

+1 HS

~~If you thought the Red Wedding was the most shocking thing to happen in “Games of Thrones,” just wait until you hear David Benioff and D.B. Weiss’ confession. Spoiler alert: It’s a knife to the gut. During an interview with Vanity Fair, the creators of the HBO show opened up to contributing editor Jim Windolf, hinting that they see a white light at the end of the tunnel in regards to the award-winning series—and it looks like the blinding illumination is slowly inching towards them.

So, what does that mean for “GoT” fans? Well, it seems that admirers of the George R.R. Martin inspired series will only have three to four seasons left with their beloved characters of the Seven Kingdoms before the show comes to an end.

“It doesn’t just keep on going because it can,” Weiss admitted, adding he foresees “GoT” ending after Season 7 or 8. “I think the desire to milk more out of it is what would eventually kill it, if we gave into that.”

^^^^^^That's the article there above out of the...International business times

-1 HS
Citrus's picture

"If you keep talking. I'll have to eat all of the chickens."

+1 HS
Mizzillion's picture
+4 HS
ITWASME's picture

Anybody else want Jamie to just kill Joffrey? Be a double king slayer

+1 HS

Wouldn't mind seeing Jamie kill his father his sister/lover his son/king joffrey. Have a feeling Therion and Jamie are going to team up and do some real damage this season.

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

While making no judgment whatsoever, it is really fascinating to read comments about a television series in which all of the "spoilers" have been in print for literally three or four years :)

Yea we know but some of us do not want or care to read the books or anywhere discussing the future story line because it is really a great TV series. I found out the hard way about reading spoiler sites with True Detective and ruined it for myself,refuse to do that again.Anything  I type is pure speculation and hope other posters are showing the same respect..

AndyVance's picture

I totally agree about Spoilers - with two of my favorite shows of all time (24 and LOST), I didn't start watching until two or three seasons were already on DVD, and watched a bunch of them all in a row... even back then, spoilers on the internet were a constant worry, because I didn't want to know what happened until I watched it...

That said, reading the books is very much worth it - they are big and long, sure, but the writing is exceptional, the character development is particularly good, and the action is more than enough compensation for the time spent reading them.

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

With Lost, even before the episodes aired there were many spoilers. Since everything was filmed on Hawaii, there wasn't much privacy for the filming. I remember being on a message board and seeing a major spoiler for one of the episodes and I was not happy.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

jedkat's picture

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

+1 HS