In what has to be his shortest press conference to date, Tressel cut off his Thursday event with the media four minutes in after repeatedly being asked about freshly suspended Ray Small.
What we were able to find out before the thing was over:
- Conflicting with earlier reports, Small is suspended for one game "to start with" and won't be traveling to Northwestern this weekend.
- Small will be given a chance to work his way back into good graces.
- Hartline will assume the primary on punt return duties and Robo will join him when the Buckeyes put two deep.
- The Vest was unaware (or claimed to be unaware) of Small's father's comments about how the school was out to end Ray's career.
- Transferring didn't come up in the conversation with Small about his suspension.
The final question was about whether Small was in the doghouse for the Troy game and at that point, Tressel had decided that he had enough:
"Gosh, I don’t know. Okay guys, thanks. I appreciate it. I thought we were going to talk about Northwestern. Thanks."