Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

I'm James Grega, Eleven Warriors' New Basketball Beat Writer - AMA

0 HS
James Grega's picture
August 12, 2017 at 2:04pm
79 Comments

So, I guess this officially makes me the new guy.

For those who don’t know me, my name is James Grega and I am the newest member of the Eleven Warriors team, and will serve as the lead men’s basketball beat writer. I am coming over from Buckeye Sports Bulletin and Scout.com, where I spent the last two years covering mainly Ohio State football and women’s basketball.

However, this isn’t my first rodeo covering Ohio State men’s hoops. I got my start on the OSU football and basketball beat as the assistant sports editor of The Lantern in 2014-15. My first and only year on staff with the student paper led to exposure some writers only dream about. I covered an Ohio State national title team and a future NBA lottery pick in under a year.

After interning with Kenny Roda on WHBC-1480 in Canton, Ohio in the summer of 2015, I started as an intern and before long was brought on as a staff writer with Buckeye Sports Bulletin.

In between my last few writing gigs, I also was a football coach. I spent a few years on staff with the Ohio State Club Football team on which I played in 2013, before spending last season as the quarterback’s coach at Westerville South High School.

I am fully aware of the great work Tim Shoemaker did here at Eleven Warriors, and I will do my very best to live up to the standard he set here. I would also be remiss if I did not mention and thank Eric Seger, who was my sports editor when I was a student reporter at The Lantern, and who did amazing work here at Eleven Warriors.

I am looking forward to continuing the tradition that Eleven Warriors has set of providing unbiased and accurate coverage of the Ohio State Buckeyes. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have and I will do my best to answer them. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 79 Comments