Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Down Voting Topics?

0 HS
Brick Tamland's picture
September 8, 2014 at 9:45am
17 Comments

Is there anyway this can please become a thing again? (I apologize, but I don't quite remember why/what the explanation for why topic voting went away.) I also understand that I am currently making a topic complaining about other people complaining about a football game, team, coaches, etc (oh the irony). I've only been around 11W for two years/three seasons now, but it seems like the amount of pointless, whiny, and generally shitty forum topics I've seen on the front page the past day and half is reaching a critical mass. I've seen the idea of topic down voting mentioned by other users in these topics, so I figured let's start a larger discussion on the concept. From my perspective, the responses these crappy topics have received by other users seem to warrant this discussion.

Since it currently takes 10 DVs to lock a comment, my idea would be that a net of 15 or 20 down votes on a topic, would lock voting, drop the topic out of the Active Discussions and Recent Posts on the front page, but let it remain active. The user who created the post, would then have the same amount of helmet stickers deducted from their account, as the new arbitrary topic down vote number. Let's make this our brainstorming session (to avoid doing real work at our jobs), and spot to complain about complainers. Since I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is, I'll make the first comment here for voting purposes.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments