Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The Long Goodbye

+10 HS
BAJ's picture
June 7, 2018 at 8:53am
174 Comments

Well it's been a fun 4 years, the Cavs have won a title and been to 4 straight finals, my belief is had Golden St not come out of nowhere the Cavs would have won at a minimum 1 other title, but at most 3 over the last 4 years. However, with the game last night it is obvious this is no longer feasible. They started out strong on defense, but reverted back to their ways of missing shots and lazy uninspired defense. Therefore, I believe it is time for this to end, LeBron is most likely not going to stay, he accomplished what he set out to do, bring a title to Cleveland. The reason I believe he is not going to stay is the Cavs have nothing they can do, they have no cap space, they have bad contracts with JR and Tristan Thompson. Sure they have the draft pick, but who can they go out and get for that pick? Sure they could draft a player but Who? Trey Young....no he is all hype, he is not Steph curry, he is not like Steph curry. It's time to blow it up, fire the coaches and thank them for their service. Sign and trade LeBron to where he wants to go. Try to trade Kevin Love for a mid 1st round pick, and Try to get just anything for Tristan Thompson and JR Smith. They need to hire a coach, not a figurehead, not someone who looks completely lost. Someone who makes adjustments in game. Not a retread but a new voice. With new ideas, a dynamic offensive mind who brings in assistants who focus on defense

OP edit: So here is the deal, whether you agree with LeBron on politics or not is not the direction I wanted this to go. This is a sports forum, and a post about a team I love, please dont bring politics into it. Instead post your favorite finals moments over the last 4 years, lets enjoy it while we can and say goodbye.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 174 Comments