Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

"Richard Lagow Should Be the First Overall Pick in the NFL Draft" [Observational Satire from Kyle Swick of SBNation]

+14 HS
Buckeye Jack's picture
April 18, 2018 at 1:38pm
178 Comments

Title of SBNation piece: "Richard Lagow should be the first overall pick in the NFL Draft, according to Mel Kiper’s indiscernible evaluative criteria"

Yes, yes. I know. This is a tongue-in-cheek article targeting Mel Kiper's "indiscernible evaluative criteria" (specifically as to Wyoming's Josh Allen). But, the comparative stats that Kyle Swick brings up are worth a look. And, hey, "Lagow" has become a hot call-back topic lately, so here's some more fuel for a lively off-season dumpster fire.

From Swick's article:

FUN FACT: Richard Lagow threw for 410 yards on Ohio State’s defense! That’s almost twice the amount of yards Josh Allen threw for against Iowa and Oregon ... combined!

I'm in complete agreement with Swick's take on Kiper. And no, I don't think Lagow will come close to an early round pick. I stand by my opinion as previously stated -

"Lagow will be a steal, IMO. He'll likely go late in the draft, if at all. But, Undrafted Free Agent status may be a blessing in disguise. That way he can shop through the entire NFL and decide for himself what deal looks best."

Link to Swick's article:

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2018/4/4/17199332/richard-lagow-should-be-...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 178 Comments