Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The Loss of a Friend

+19 HS
OhioAgainstTheWorld34's picture
June 30, 2017 at 4:59pm
40 Comments

While the Buckeye community in general probably had never heard of him the world lost a heck of a man this morning at 3 o'clock.  Mitchell Henry was someone I grew up with as our parents were the best of friends.  I spent days over at his house hanging out with he and his brother swimming or wandering the neighborhood for any mischievous things we could get into.  The Henry's were the kind of family you'd do anything and when Mitchell got his shot with the Packers all I could remember was thinking, he deserves it.  I would follow him through camps and enjoyed the conversations we got to have along his journey.  Football was something we could both relate to.  The last time I saw him before his diagnosis wasn't at all planned.  My wife and I sat in the Louisville airport on a Monday afternoon waiting to board our plane when I look up and see him with a mouth full of Pizza Hut pizza say, "Hey."  We immediately started talking about football and that he was about to board the flight to workout for the Bucs.  We talked for maybe 15 minutes, little did we know three weeks later he'd be diagnosed with leukemia.  I sit here just feeling the need to share, so thank you for that.  I could probably ramble on for paragraphs about how I can't figure out why someone so compassionate, loving, and talented had to leave us but I won't.  Thanks for providing a place I can share with people as I sit her at my PC on this Friday going into a holiday weekend numb.  Not really knowing what to think. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2719079-former-packers-te-mitchell-henry-dies-at-age-24-of-leukemia

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments