Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Word "Commitment"

+26 HS
DoctorRocks0's picture
January 12, 2024 at 6:02pm
62 Comments

I'm one who really doesn't like gratuitous posts about "appreciate" etc, etc.  But...here goes.

We see these kids "commit" to programs, only to go back on their words time and time again. We see kids leave the programs for NIL money at other schools, and I get it.

But to see Sawyer, Burke, Tuimoloau and especially Henderson, all return to Ohio State, in the face of all that has transpired the last couple of months, shows a level of commitment I may never have seen in college sports.  Every single one of these guys is a top 50 NFL draft pick, and all have stayed.  I'm sure they're getting paid well to do so, but any injury could mean they never get paid again.

To see them all return shows a level of COMMITMENT to the University, their teammates, and their fans, that you really just don't see.  And I truly believe it speaks to the culture of the program itself and the class of these players.  Almost makes me shed a tear.

KUDOS TO YOU ALL.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments