Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State NOT a Top 5 Storied Program, According to Mad Dog on ESPN

+12 HS
Fbk64's picture
July 21, 2022 at 12:20pm
91 Comments

I know, click bate from the 4 letter network. As Ohio State fans I know we can be a bit biased at times. I thought I'd bring this to the forum though to debate and see if I was way off base thinking this guy is nuts for not including Ohio State but including Michigan and Notre Dame for accomplishments even he sites as being in the 20s and 30s. Even his rational for including Oklahoma and USC is way in the past. 

I realize this is an all encompassing ranking of all-time programs and Ohio State in the early days was not what the program is now. I have a hard time not including Ohio State in this grouping simply because they have been a model of consistency for a long time. You don't end up ranked in the top 5 all-time of most major categories (Win %, Conference Championships, Total Wins, All-Americans, Heisman Winners, Draft Picks, 1st Rd Draft Picks, and Weeks as AP #1), without being a good program, with strong traditions. I just think it's crazy that Ohio State is not considered a Top 5 storied program, according to this guy and by proxy ESPN. But I shouldn't be shocked considering the source.

My personal Top 5, no particular order include:

Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, USC. I think Oklahoma is 6.

I know, I fell for the click-bate. But what are your thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 91 Comments