Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

"We Need 300 LB DTs" -- Check the Roster, Most of Them Are!

+16 HS
nafimafi's picture
July 19, 2022 at 9:25pm
101 Comments

Lately, whether it be recruiting or comparison to jordan davis of our own guys, there seems to be a notion that osu doesnt have big guys on the interior, with 300 pounds being the magic number. running a 4-3 allows osu to not rely on 350 pound massive dts. 350 pound d linemen just arent feasible or overly reliable anyways, in addition to their rarity. I have been disappointed in our d-line play lately, especially the interior at times, but their weight wasnt an issue imo. i dont think our d line is small by any stretch. comparison is a bitch, but running a 4-3 with the frames we have on the line seems to be pretty normal. yes, i think having big guys on the interior is important, however i think we have more of those guys than people give us credit.

according to the updated ohio state roster:

we have 7 scholarship DTs. 

Taron Vincent: 6'2" 300lbs

Mike Hall : 6'2'' 290lbs

Ty Hamilton: 6'3'' 294lbs

Jerron Cage: 6' 2'' 305 lbs

Jaden Mckenzie: 6'2'' 286lbs

Tyleik Williams : 6'3'' 315lbs

Hero Kanu: 6'4'' 315lbs.

we currently have 4 guys that are at or past the 300lb mark, and i think that is a decent number to have. especially considering somebody like mike hall, who isnt 300, can easily end up being the best of the bunch. getting someone like john walker will add another 300 pounder.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 101 Comments