Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Waay Too Early 2023-2024 OSU Football Roster Analysis

+9 HS
MediBuck's picture
April 18, 2022 at 10:35am
33 Comments

So obviously, the 2022-2023 season hasn't even started, but given how many of our young players flashed during the Spring game this year, I wanted to do a quick preview of what our depth could look like next year. What I found was actually quite intriguing. Note that this is 100% personal speculation, as we have no idea if a lesser-known player comes out of nowhere to be a one-hit wonder (Malik Hooker, anyone?) or if a sure-fire final year starter ends up injured and deciding to give it one more go-around.

OFFENSE

• QB: Kyle McCord vs. Devin Brown
  • RB: TreVeyon Henderson / Evan Pryor
  • WR (X): Marvin Harrison Jr
  • WR (Y): Emeka Egbuka
  • WR (Z): Julian Fleming
  • LT: Zen Michalski / Tegra Tshabola
  • LG: Donovan Jackson
  • C: Jakob James / Carson Hinzman
  • RG: Enokk Vimahi
  • RT: Ben Christman / George Fitzpatrick
  • TE: Joe Royer / Gee Scott

Thoughts: Our riches at the skill position are embarrassing, ensuring whoever takes the snaps under center will have plenty of safety blankets. The running backs will also be massive strength of the team, with at least TreVeyon Henderson and Evan Pryor still at Junior eligibility to anchor the offense. The biggest question marks I see are on offensive line, both in terms of established starters and depth. If Paris Johnson Jr. and Luke Wypler both decide to go pro after this season, that would leave us with only one current starter returning on the line (Jackson). I now see what Coach Day was referring to with his comments regarding concern of OL depth. This offense will clearly go only as far as the line will let it.

DEFENSE

• DE: JT Tuimolao
  • DE/Jack: Jack Sawyer / Mitchell Melton
  • DT: Tyleik Williams
  • DT: Michael Hall
  • LB (Will): CJ Hicks / Chip Trayanum
  • LB (Mike): Cody Simon
  • LB (Sam): Reid Carrico / Gabe Powers
  • FS (Adjuster): Kye Stokes
  • SS (Bandit): Kourt Williams / Sonny Styles
  • CS (Nickel): Cam Martinez / Lathan Ransom
  • CB: Denzel Burke
  • CB: Jordan Hancock

Thoughts: I did not forsee that defense would be the side of the ball with the most returning star power, but oh man, is this side of the ball stacked. Kudos to the staff for somehow keeping the recruiting machine rolling despite all the coaching turnover. The DL will be a major strength of this unit, but, the DBs may boast even more depth. The linebackers remain unproven, but there are some serious athletes back there waiting to make a statement.

Any thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments