Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Major Changes That Need to Happen

+11 HS
JRod1986's picture
November 28, 2021 at 11:41am
67 Comments

First and foremost, I think we were way overconfident going into this game. TTUN brought energy and played angry and we did not. After the game, Hutchinson mentioned the “disrespect leading up to the game (hang 100 comments, stomping on McCarthy’s jersey, etc). Under Urban Meyer, we didn’t do that stupid stuff…..we just went out and handled our business. When you say you’re going to hang 100 on a team, and then go out and get physically dominated by that team, it makes you look like a jackass. I love Coach Day, but he needs to make changes to get this program to championship status. Our defense needs to be a lot better and more physical to compete against the Alabama’s of the world. Day needs to find his Brent Venables…..someone who can completely handle the defensive side of the ball without Day having to worry about that side of it (kind of like what he had with Hafley). We need better talent at linebacker and on the defensive line. On offense, we need better balance. We struggle too often to run the ball against good defensive fronts. People joked about Urban’s 250/250 philosophy, but I would love to see that kind of balance again. Throwing the ball 50 times a game isn’t a good strategy against better competition. We need to be able to impose our will and run the football which has not happened consistently under Day. That starts with the o-line and their lack of technique and physicality. Having a 6’6” O-lineman literally knocked 5 yards back on his ass in The Game is unacceptable and a sign of how lacking in physicality we are. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments