Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Too Early Observations

+6 HS
bucleyeabroad's picture
November 28, 2021 at 10:05am
12 Comments

That was an ass kicking to cleanse one's soul. Here's what I learned. How bout you?

5. The Youth - 10 dominating yrs had me discounting what I saw in TTUN. This was young Buckeye team. Were they overconfident too? In the Rivalry controlled anger is good, but harder to muster when you’re overconfident. 

4. Special Teams - As with the O and D, overuse of SP schemes is ill advised. Late in the game OSU was burned twice kicking short (again) to an excellent receiving unit. Field position in the Rivalry is critical.

3. The O - It’s meaningless to have more 4* and 5* players and better coaching at skill positions, if the line under performs. Did the winner of any recent Rivalry Game ever get out rushed? That’s a O line thing, not solely on the RBs.

2. The D - Plaster and paint can’t fix structural problems. This D had issues from week one. A few scheme alterations, 1-2 emerging stars, proved insufficient. The issues were on every unit. When TTUN is well coached, The Game will simultaneously lay bare all the problems.

1. The Line of Scrimmage- Consistently winning the B1G is impossible without dominating the LOS. The Game always is played last and outside. Poor weather exacerbates LOS weakness.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments