Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. MSU

+14 HS
Large Father's picture
November 18, 2021 at 7:35pm
20 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans, Days, Johnsons and Days,

From a fan's point of view, Ohio State still owes Michigan State some payback.

I was there in section 2C in 1998 when things fell apart in the fourth quarter. A few unfortunate bounces and Ohio State couldn’t make it out unscathed. That was one of the more talented Buckeye teams and should’ve taken home the national championship.

I was also there in 2015 in section 22C when one of the most talented offensive teams in Ohio State history fell flat. The weather that day was miserable. Unexpectedly, it rained with temperatures hovering around 40°. Still not sure what happened in that game and how that team did not repeat.

I was not there for the infamous Urban Meyer post game pizza eating event immediately after the Big 10 championship in 2013, but that one still stung nonetheless.  That was Urban‘s first loss - late in his second season coaching Ohio State.

Every year, I exhale if Ohio State wins their game against Michigan State. I have an emotional carryover from some great Ohio State teams coming up empty.

The game this Saturday is a big matchup of top 10 teams. Ohio State is continuing to play with a one-and-done March Madness mindset. The Buckeyes came out hot last weekend, scoring 42 on Purdue in the first half and leaving no doubt. That was payback for the last time OSU faced Purdue.  I would love to see Ohio State take it to Michigan State early and leave no doubt this Saturday!

Touchdowns: Olave, Olave, Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ruckert, TreVeyon Henderson, TreVeyon

OSU 49 MSU 20

Go Bucks! Beat MSU! Haskell Garrett for Heisman!

Stout Pops

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments