Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

As of November 17th, Does the Perceived Gap Between Georgia and Everyone else Really Exist?

+9 HS
buckeyedownunder's picture
November 17, 2021 at 11:18am
131 Comments

Georgia has the best defense by a large margin. They beat 4 teams that were ranked when they played. Thisxhas led to the belief tgat tgey are in a class by themselves in all the rankings. With what we know about their opponents on November 17th, does this large gap really exist? Their schedule now looks relatively weak if you look at their opponents' records and rankings. How many prolific offenses have they played. How many times have we seen a #1 ranked Wisconsin or Michigan defense get exposed when they match up with the Buckeyes? I am not saying that Georgia does not deserve the #1 ranking. I am just curious about what others think about the "gap"? What do you expect in Georgia matchups with Alabama or perhaps the Buckeyes? I admittedly have not watched them play much this year. SP+ has those 3 teams pretty even with a decent gap between the rest of the teams. I like the SP+ rankings as a neasuring stick.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 131 Comments