Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Terrelle Pryor Ohio State Highlights: Buckeye Takeover Day 30 Season 2

+9 HS
CPDenn's picture
July 30, 2021 at 12:18pm
26 Comments

The comment section for this one should be fun. Even before everything that happened at the end of 2010, Pryor was the most fascinating and criticized Ohio State player of all-time (and still is). From his wild recruitment, him taking the starting job mid-way through his freshman season, the calls for him to get benched throughout his first two years, and everything in between, Pryor was one of a kind. 

Going back and cutting this video, my opinion hasn't changed from what it was then: Tressel and the coaching staff left a lot on the table by not completely shifting the offense to suit Pryor's strengths as soon as he became the guy. Instead, they picked their moments, and it resulted in a lot of clunky offensive play. There were bright spots (Hello Rose Bowl) but they didn't truly start to opening things up until the end of 2010. It's a shame the NCAA rules were what they were then, because what Pryor could've done in 2011 is one of the best what-ifs in program history. Anyway, I'm sure there will be some disagreement in here, but I hope you enjoy today's highlights. And by the way: Ted Ginn tomorrow to close out the series. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments