College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The Arrogance of the "SEC"

+3 HS
Nacho's picture
May 31, 2021 at 10:11pm
126 Comments

I know everyone on here hates TTUN more than anything. However, I personally find "SEC" fans much more arrogant and annoying. Let me explain:

TTUN fans I have come across are much more polite and respectful. I've experienced these "SEC" fans, especially fans of SEC bottom feeders, trash talk us to no end. And not the playful kind of trash talk either. This is what they say:

• Last year we were terrible because we lost to Clemson who lost to LSU
  • This year we lost to Alabama by the same or less than some other SEC teams, so those SEC teams were better than us and should have been in over us.
  • Us beating Clemson was just a fluke. If we were to play 10 times we would split. And we only beat them because they lost a bunch of defensive players to the draft.
  • We should not have been in the Playoffs. It should have just been Clemson vs Bama
  • We always just get a free pass to the playoffs. That's the only reason we got in this year. It's because we're "Ohio State" (and nothing we did).

I know there are so many flaws in these arguments but these are literally the arguments I have heard. They seemed serious when they said them as well. I admit that Bama was better than us but they don't admit that we were better than Clemson. I personally don't care for the whole "my conference vs your conference" arguments but they keep dragging me into it. Has anyone else experienced these people? And if so, how do you deal with them?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 126 Comments