Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Worst Game Ever: Ohio State-Illinois 2011

+11 HS
CPDenn's picture
March 26, 2021 at 10:28am
64 Comments

(EDIT: I love all the discussion here, but to clarify:  this isn't a "most humiliating losses for Ohio State" series. Stuff like the 31-0 loss to Clemson, or the 2007 Illinois loss don't make the cut. Clemson was legitimately terrific in that game (and that season), and the 2007 Illinois game was exciting, regardless of how we all feel about it how it ended. The 2011 game is here because it was two bad teams, playing god awful football.)

Hey all, I started a new YouTube series called Worst Game Ever, and episode one is about Ohio State's 17-7 win over Illinois in 2011. You probably remember this game best for being the one Ohio State won completing only one pass, but there's also some fun stuff like Ron Zook's insane clock management, and there being nine straight punts for both teams. 

Let me know what you think!

(P.S. get ready for season 2 of the Ohio State throwback highlights takeover coming this summer)  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 64 Comments