Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Your Best (Or Worst) Reactions to Ohio State Football Classics

+11 HS
TheCurtain_Guy's picture
August 4, 2017 at 9:01am
104 Comments

I was watching a 2017-2018 Ohio State Hype video earlier this morning and towards the end, as I assume will be the case with many of the hype videos that will appear across the internet in the coming weeks, was Curtis Samuel jumping into the endzone in the 2OT win over TTUN. 

My mind immediately went back to when I saw that live and the corresponding moments of celebration that occurred between my family and friends. I remember watching Samuel take the hand off, sweep towards the sideline, turn the corner, weave through his blockers and race past the last couple of defenders to pay dirt. I remember my uncle turned to me with his arms raised above his head and all I could think to do was pick him up and hold him there while the rest of my family and friends mobbed around us. 

The same mobbing scenario happened in my college apartment after the Buckeyes won the inaugural College Football Playoff, and after Tyvis Powell intercepted Gardner to all but seal a win in Ann Arbor in 2013. 

However, not all of my celebrations, or reactions to losses, have been as gracious or amusing. In 2006, after the fabled #1 vs. #2 matchup had concluded, my family burnt a Block O in the yard of a Michigan fan who had been talking smack the entire month leading up to the game. I can also remember in 2015 after the Buckeyes lost to Michigan State, derailing any chance of a repeat, I sat outside and smoked an entire pack of cigarettes (a little much? Definitely, but that's how my family and I are with Ohio State football). 

So I want to know, what are your best or worst reactions to Ohio State football games?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 104 Comments