Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2017 July (way too early) Prediction Thread

+5 HS
BeneckeBuck5's picture
July 26, 2017 at 6:20pm
43 Comments

People, I'm dying for the season to start. As we wait, I wanted to discuss predictions for the upcoming season. It's July and camp hasn't quite opened yet, so these predictions can very well change before the season starts. However, I'm curious to see where everyone's head is at right now. So, here are mine:

@ Indiana W 42-14
vs. Oklahoma W 38-24
vs. Army W 45-10
vs. UNLV W 63-7
@ Rutgers W 59-6
vs. Maryland W 52-10
@ Nebraska W 31-17
vs. Penn State W 42-20
@ Iowa L 20-17
vs. Michigan State W 45-21
vs. Illinois W 52-13
@ TTUN W 34-24

(Big Ten Championship) vs. Wisconsin W 38-17
(CFP Semifinal) vs. USC W 42-38
(CFP Final) vs. Alabama W 35-24

I think we will come out hot against Indiana. I think we will thoroughly dominate Oklahoma again, and they will score late to make it seem closer than it actually was. I think we will respectfully roll Army, in a game that we could have scored more but because of Army's run game, there won't be time to score more. UNLV will be someone we just plaster in the 'Shoe. Rutgers under Chris Ash is a few years away from making a game competitive with us. I respect DJ Durkin, but he needs another few years at Maryland before they are any type of threat. Nebraska will be a tougher game than many people think. I'm sure it will be a night game, and since it's in Lincoln, they'll play a tough first half before we take over and put them away in the 2nd half. We get the BYE, then we host Penn State in Columbus. Urban certainly will have the guys ready, and I think this could be a legit top 5 matchup at that point in the season. We'll come out hot and stay that way. Unfortunately, just as it was for TTUN last year, Iowa is a trap game for us. It will likely be a night game, probably be cold, and honestly probably be the day that a lot of upsets happen in college football. It'll be a flukey one, but we'll probably only drop down to about #5 in the CFP rankings. The following week, we'll come out angry and throttle MSU, finally beating them handily and putting the final nail in the coffin for what I believe will be Coach Dantonio's final season in East Lansing. We'll have a slow start against Illinois from the fatigue from the prior week combined with looking ahead to the TTUN game the following week, but we'll figure things out and cruise to an easy win on senior day. It'll be another tough game against TTUN this year, but I think our experience prevails in Ann Arbor, and we roll into the Big Ten Championship at 11-1. I think we beat Wisconsin rather easily (although not 59-0 easily) and we punch our ticket as the #2 or #3 seed in the CFP. We'll beat USC and Heisman winner Sam Darnold in a shootout that feels like the Rose Bowl from this past season, and then we will play a smashmouth football game with Alabama. The season will end with Urban Meyer and company holding the trophy for the 2nd time in 4 years.

But of course, who knows? Let me know what you think!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments