Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Trophy Games

+5 HS
TheCurtain_Guy's picture
July 11, 2017 at 2:03pm
27 Comments

Reading the article today about the NCAA Football video game franchise got me thinking about what I enjoyed most about the game. I came to the conclusion that, other than being the hometown Buckeyes, obliterating everyone and winning 15 straight National Championships (A guy can dream, right?), my favorite part of the game was to go through and win all of the trophies from the various rivalry games. 

As I have stated before, I am a Kent State grad, so the annual rivalry game against Akron for the Wagon Wheel was always a personal interest of mine, especially with my cousin playing QB for the Zips a few years back. The trophy games have always added to the pageantry of college football in my eyes and I always wished the Buckeyes played for at least one more other than the Illibuck. 

I remember reading and commenting on a forum about everyone at Eleven Warriors favorite rivalry games, but I want to know what are some of your favorite trophy games? What do you think are some of the most absurd trophies awarded to the winner in those annual contests? And what trophies (either real or hypothetical) would you like to see the Buckeyes play for, and against who? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments