Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Favorite Braxton Miller Moment?

0 HS
ChattyMattE's picture
January 9, 2016 at 3:51am
43 Comments

I was finally allowing myself to slowly get over the fact that I will never have the pleasure of seeing the most accomplished senior class in Buckeye football history don the Scarlet and Grey... Yes, we have a lot of underclassmen declaring too, but those guys developed and learned from the senior class. Disaster struck today when I came across Braxton Miller's "thank you" letter to Buckeye Nation. All the memories came flooding back, and now, I am back at square one on the coping mechanism.

Miller's career is one for the ages; from the bizarre, to the triumphant, to the near tragedy, back to triumphant. Miller provided a roller coaster of memories for the Buckeye faithful. This led me to question many of my Buckeye friends what was their favorite Braxton Miller moment? Here is mine:

I took my older brother to his first game on Halloween night in 2011. We were playing against a stout Wisconsin team and it seemed like we were going to lose another close one on that fall night like we had many times in 2011. My brother and I were having a blast, and I gave him the full Buckeye game-day experience leading up to the game.

Late in the fourth quarter, I turned to my brother as Wisconsin took the lead and I could see the disappointment in his eyes. The Badgers drained most of the final minutes off the clock. My brother and I were encouraging each other by commenting on what a great experience the entire day was and spoke of the team's gutsy performance. Then, chaos ensued...

Wisconsin was forced to punt with about a little over a minute left. We still had a chance down by 3! Miller drove the Buckeyes to the Wisconsin 40 yard line and we were praying to get into field goal range with 37 seconds left. Miller though had other plans as he took the snap and went for it all hitting the other freshman, Devin Smith, in the end-zone for the touchdown. Game over!

That night belongs to my brother and I. The jubilation we felt after the win and knowing that the future was bright with Miller at the helm. To this day, my brother says it was the greatest single sporting event he ever attended.

For that, I have Miller to thank. So here is to "The Real"; thank you!

Share your moment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg-ZoyQcyX0

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments