Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Minnesota - We're finally to November!

0 HS
Large Father's picture
November 5, 2015 at 9:27pm
8 Comments

Tressels, Fickells and Urbans,

I go back and forth between two thoughts...

On one hand, men's brains are not fully developed until about age 25.

On the other hand, these guys are adults who make their own decisions and must take responsibility for the outcome.

...and I'm talking about both JT and Cardale.

We knew the QB saga this season would be interesting, but I'm not sure anyone could have predicted this much real-life drama.

First off, I'm not sure what JT was thinking or how he got into that situation.  I know it is easy for an adult in his Forties to pass judgment..and most people make some poor choices when they are young adults...but, he finally had his spot back and OSU looked really good with him at the helm.  After all he has gone through over the last two seasons, you would think JT would not want to risk anything.

Secondly, I'm not sure what Cardale was thinking coming back.  He passed up millions in the NFL draft after an amazing twist of fate late last season.  Cardale does not really fit Urban's read-option offense...and his QB coach and offensive coordinator was leaving to take the head coaching position at Houston.  Also, the teammate that made Cardale a true threat, Devin Smith, was headed to the NFL.  To be honest, it is a bit painful watching Cardale under center this season with all these changes.  I hope it all clicks this weekend, but from what we've seen so far, this year's team is much better with JT.  

So, we're finally to November...there are some big games coming up!

First up -- Minnesota...and they are no longer the "little bananas."  Gone are the days where they come out in all yellow uniforms against Ohio State and just look terrible.  There was a long stretch where Minnesota was pretty bad and played uninspiring football.  Jerry Kill really turned the program around.  It's too bad health problems forced Coach Kill to retire because he's good for the Big Ten Conference.  Minnesota is a tough team; they play hard-nosed football and won't quit.  Also, their QB, Mitch Leidner, kind of embodies the attitude of the team.  He stands in there, figures out a way to make positive yardage and then will take a chance every once in a while.  Hopefully, Ohio State is ready to stop a QB that can run and is deceptive with the football.  

In the final month of the regular season schedule, all the games are big from here on out for OSU...I would love to see the Buckeyes figure it all out in the stretch run again!

Touchdowns:  Zeke, Zeke, Braxton, Mike Thomas

OSU 31 Minnesota 20

Go Bucks!  Beat Minnesota!  Josh Perry for Heisman! 

Flabby Pappy

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments