Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Rutgers - A locker room full of millionaires

0 HS
Large Father's picture
October 22, 2015 at 10:16pm
6 Comments

Tressels, Fickells and Urbans,

I wonder if Ryan Shazier or Bradley Roby regret not having a national championship ring?  If that thought hasn't sunk in for them just yet, I wonder if it will 20 years from now?  I wonder if they wish they had played just one more season and stood with the rest of their teammates as winners of the first college football playoff?

Football immediately became a job for these guys with the early jump to the NFL.  There are very few college students that will make millions their first year out of school...the lifestyle shift is just a little bit dramatic.  A poor college student one day, a millionaire the next...must be surreal.

So far this season, it feels a little bit like the 2015 Ohio State squad has a lot of guys waiting for the NFL.  Many of these guys are months away from being absolutely rich.  Most likely, this will be a record NFL draft for players from one team with so much talent.  I wouldn't be surprised if many of the third year players head to the NFL, too - Bosa, Zeke and Michael Thomas.  

...and then there's the odd tale of Cardale.  From third string college QB to sure-fire first round NFL draft pick...and then falling back to second-string college QB.  He has to take the field every day with the weight of the world on his shoulders.    

It kind of feels to me as if the 2015 Ohio State team is a semi-pro team stuck in neutral waiting for the promise of very big paydays that are just on the horizon; but, somehow they seem to be working through that ambition of personal reward to become a really good team focused on the same goal.  It's tough to generate "adversity" when the locker room is full of guys who have little to prove and will be worth millions next spring.       

Even with all that stuff, this is a very likable bunch.  These are still tough players who came together last season...and seem to be coming together as this season progresses even without the typical "adversity" triggers that unite a team.

These guys have all the talent in the world...and have the potential to be an outstanding team.  There's already just one game left in October...and then time to finish the season with no regrets.

Touchdowns:  Zeke, Zeke, Braxton, JT, JT, Jalin, Mike Thomas

OSU 49 Rutgers 13

Go Bucks!  Beat Rutgers!  Josh Perry for Heisman! 

Portly Pa

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments