Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

An Ode to Cardale Jones, baby

0 HS
MW2014's picture
October 22, 2015 at 3:33pm
58 Comments

I agree with the decision to start JT Barrett and have thought for some time he deserved his chance, even though I thought Cardale should have started at the beginning of the season. Unlike some on here, I'm a huge fan of both. I just believe that the Buckeyes stand a better chance to repeat this year under JT's helm.

But while I'm hoping that Cardale likely took his last starting snap as a collegiate football player on Saturday, I don't think we've seen the last of him. I hope Meyer does use him in situations and games where it makes sense. That deep ball could be a killer when we need it the most. Perhaps he'll get in during garbage time when we're demolishing Michigan or Alabama in a month or two. Make Harbaugh and Saban cry some more, big guy.

All that being said, regardless of your thoughts on Cardale this season, keep in mind he went 10-0 and led perhaps the most magical, unbelievable post-season run in sports history. For me personally, that Alabama game will likely be forever the most important, interesting football game I ever watch. And he performed admirably there and as well as, of course, against Wisconsin and Oregon. How soon some might forget when they boo him because of a bad game.

So, Cardale Jones, the whole state of Ohio may not be counting on you to win games this year, but we'll always remember. May you never buy another drink or burrito in the state or anywhere your fans may be near.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments