Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why Ohio State does not make the playoff this year

0 HS
Gofor2's picture
September 26, 2015 at 5:40pm
156 Comments

There will be many on here who will disagree, claim its to early to tell, bla, bla, bla. That is all welcomed. I would love to tell you how right you are and how wrong I was. But I'm not counting on getting to do that.

i have watched a lot of football over the last 4 weeks, and OSU has overall been as good as we can expect on defense. The silver bullets have been great, a bit over rated  at Dline and the corners, but solid just the same. They are a playoff worthy defense.

Now let's talk about our offense. We have had many struggles and excuse making at the QB position thus far, we all know this, but even if the QB spot settles down, and assuming C. Jones is that QB. Then I ask you what type of offense are we running??

We have only had the success we have enjoyed during Meyers rein because at the QB position we had a QB in Miller and Barrett that would OFTEN, mean at least once out of every two possessions make something out of nothing, often for first downs, or big plays. Those are all gone. Jones doesn't have the speed, or talent to do the things that the other guys do.

But here is the bigger problem, under Miller and Barrett we were the same offense, we had the same style of attack. We all knew exactly who we were and how we were going to attack offensively. Well those days are GONE. Urban has decided to wait until the first game to make a decision and the choice he has made not only changes personnel behind center, it changes the whole way we are attacking defenses. As we all can see, it isn't very effective. We should have lost to N. ILL, and frankly Western Michigan actually has a more functioning, systematic offense scheme with better execution. 

We have yet to, after 4 games show the ability to simply march down the field with a balanced offense. Almost all our success has been based on the big play. Well, that may work for a while, but it won't beat good teams very often. I have watched a much improved UM team march down the field on almost every drive for 3 out of 4 games. And they did it against better teams than we have played.

this decision to change our offensive identity at the last minute, with also having a new OC, and new QB is about as baffling a choice as I have ever seen. 

You can disagree. But you can not deny the game tape. We look like a team that just started playing together yesterday. Throwing the bomb every third play will not win games, especially with our WR's

Braxton Miller, the best QB in the big10, if not the country, not leading this team is the dumbest, thing I have ever seen a coach do. If Meyer would have told him he was the QB from the get go he would be, but instead we have chosen to start out 3rd string QB. 

Your not selling me that suddenly the guy who was 3rd best is suddenly 1st. He is not and we can all see it every Saturday. We are waiting for a performance that simply isn't coming.

EDIT: for the many many of you who were in denial. Your crow has been served. Enjoy !!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 156 Comments