Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Fall Practice

0 HS
TheChaseFor8's picture
July 22, 2015 at 10:59pm
28 Comments

As our beloved buckeyes Fall practice is right around the corner, what are you most excited about? This forum isn't created with any connection about our QB race. So please forgo this topic and realize we still have much more to discuss. I love the fact that we have a CB in Conley that is being chased by some young, great competitors (Webb, Lattimore, EGW, etc..)

We have the open opportunity at DE with some wonderful young talent! Who's your pick to really be the man to step at this position? We clearly have a big void to fill on the other side of Bosa, and knowingly need to create as much depth as possible! A fresh D-line we'll only create more havoc, but have proven starters doesn't mean we're 100% solid! It's a long season, and longer this one because we're the returning champs. Everyone is gunning for us.

We all know about M. Thomas, Jalin Marshall and Nick Vannett. Each proven commodities in our receiving game. We all wonder if Dontre Wilson will live up to the "hype" that We created, thanks braxton! (http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2013/07/freshman_dontre_wilson_wo...) All in all, the WR position is still wide open, but in my own eyes not a concern!

The most interesting to me is the RB position! We bring back a potential Heisman winner in Eze-E! But who will be the solid back up? Is samuel going to be used in the slot? To fill the void of Marshall moving outside (potentially), also has a lot to do with Dontre Wilson as well! But with Brionte Dunn "having momentum in his world right now" and Warren Ball being there. Steps in the freshman Mike Weber, who after all he's gone through will be a hungry young man in fall camp with lots to prove! I'm team Dunn, as this young man has been in Urban's doghouse, and is this year's Rod Smith (please avoid the trouble sir)! With that being said lets hope the talent he has, and maturity connects to ease the load for Elliot! (no pun intended).

If so we can have a solid rotation with Eze, Dunn, Ball, Weber. With the opportunity of Samuel, Wilson, Marshall, Campbell to be in motion, and in our backfield as well. Obviously the talent we have this year is second to none, and potentially urban's most talented team ever the 4th year of his tenure at The Ohio State University.

We only welcome one "new" o-line starter in Mr. Chase Farris, and the wonderful experience gained in the playoffs will be demonstrated all year long as we fight to get back into the playoffs! All together, I'm excited as everyone is!

My player to get on the field this year is...Marshon Lattimore! Get yourself healthy young man! Keep pushing Conley and Webb to get that CB spot! 

Best of luck! Thanks for your time! 

Please tell me your insight, as always & enjoy! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments