Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

situational quarterbacking

0 HS
OSU jamez's picture
July 16, 2015 at 11:17pm
27 Comments

After just watching the big ten and national championships start to finish again for possibly the 100th time and then seeing the qb discussion in one of the forums i had a realization. This being that no individual one of our three quarterbacks will be better suited than the others in every key situation we face next year. 

Take this well known play as an example, the play when late in the second half vs Oregon, Cardale and the bucks face a key 3rd and 3. Cardale escapes from the pocket and collides full force with a 300 pound oregon defensive tackle. Cardale uses his immense frame and strength to push past the oregon DT and pick up the first down keeping alive a drive that would eventually lead to a key late TD. Either of JT or Braxton would have been pushed short of the first down in this situation. My point is not to argue in favor of Cardale, however, i mean to emphasize that every situation we face will have a different necessary set of skills needed by a quarterback. Which is why i believe we should play our qbs situationally as every one of these guys is too talented to go long stretches without the ball in their hands.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments